Q. What are the verses of protection against the false
messiah, Al messehah ad dajjal, because I have heard much
conflicting advice regarding what verses, and how many ayats.
Also did the scholars have any opinions on weather to protect
oneself from the dajjal was a fard ayan action, and if so by
whom. Are there any other types of ibadah that one can do in
order to protect oneself from the fitna of the dajjal.
A. What I have heard on the matter is the Sunna of a du`a of
seeking protection after the 2nd tashahhud and before taslim:
- allahumma inni a`udhu bika min `adhab al-qabr
- O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the punishment of the
- wa min `adhab al-nar
- and from the punishment of the Fire
- wa min al-fitani ma taqaddama minha wa ma ta'akhkhar
- and from tests and trials past and present
- wa min fitnat al-masih al-dajjal
- and from the confusion of the anti-Christ
- wa min fitnat al-mahya wa al-mamat
- and from the trial of life and death
and Allah knows best.