Hadith Nineteen
What Was Conveyed About the Rights of Muslims Over One Another
It is narrated from Abu Hurayra that he said Allah's Messenger said: "The
rights of a Muslim over a Muslim are six." He was asked: "And what
are they, O Messenger of Allah?" He replied:
- When you meet a Muslim, greet him [with al-salamu 'alaykum].
- When he invites you, respond to his invitation.
- When he seeks your faithful advice advise him faithfully.
- When he sneezes and glorifies Allah [by saying al-hamdu lillah] invoke
Allah's mercy upon him.
- When he falls sick visit him.
- When he dies follow his funeral.
It was narrated by Muslim, while al-Bukhari narrates only five items.
Allah's blessings and peace on the Prophet., his Family, and his Companions
Dr. G.F. Haddad
© As-Sunnah Foundation of America, 2003