Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim.
One of the Wahhabi propagandists said:
“A highly authentic text (nas sahih) supports only visiting the tomb of the Prophet Muhammad saws, and not for others.”
This is a grave lie against the Qur’an, the Sunnah, the Shariah and the Religion of Islam! as shown by the following proofs:
1. There is not in Islam a single text — whether authentic or inauthentic — which says to visit only the grave of the Prophet Muhammad (saws). To claim such a thing is unheard of. Even the Wahhabis of the past 200 years never fell to such a low level of heart-blindness and cancer of ignorance as to lie through their teeth in such a way against Allah and His Prophet.
2. Allah swt said: وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ “And whatever the Prophet (saws) brings you, take it.” (al-Hashr 59:7) And the Prophet (saws) said: زوروا القبور ZURUL QUBURA “Visit the graves!” This is narrated by Imam Muslim in his Sahih as well as in the book of Sunan and others such as al-Hakim, Ibn Hibban, al-Tabarani and the Musnad of Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal. Al-Tirmidhi said:
سليمان بن بريدة عن أبيه قال قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قد كنت نهيتكم عن زيارة القبور فقد أذن لمحمد في زيارة قبر أمه فزوروها فإنها تذكر الآخرةقال وفي الباب عن أبي سعيد وابن مسعود وأنس وأبي هريرة وأم سلمة قال أبو عيسى حديث بريدة حديث حسن صحيح والعمل على هذا عند أهل العلم لا يرون بزيارة القبور بأسا وهو قول ابن المبارك والشافعي وأحمد وإسحق
Burayda (r) related that the Prophet (saws) said: “I had forbidden you in the past from visiting graves but Muhammad was granted permission to visit the grave of his mother, therefore visit them, for truly they remind you of the hereafter.” Al-Tirmidhi said: “It is related also from Abu Sa`id, Abu Hurayra and Umm Salama, and the hadith of Burayda is hasan sahih, and THIS IS THE PRACTICE AMONG THE PEOPLE OF KNOWLEDGE.”
3. Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari said Ibn Hazm even considered visiting the graves obligatory (wajib) at least once in a lifetime. This shows that visiting the graves of other than the Prophet (saws) is also accepted and put into practice by the people of knowledge in Islam, and wajib according to some of them, which conversely means that those who prohibit it or see something wrong with it are the PEOPLE OF IGNORANCE according to Imam al-Tirmidhi (rah) and they are HERETICAL UNBELIEVERS according to Ibn Hazm al-Zahiri (rah).
4. This is exactly the attributes of Wahhabis in our time, as they claim to defend religion with dalil (proof) but they do not even know the dalil; and if they do know it, they misunderstand it and distort its meaning (tahrif), or interpret it away (ta`til); and it they understand it, they do the very same tahrif and ta`til by quoting it out of context or disputing its authenticity. They keep banging their heads between three walls: ignorance, stupidity and bad faith. They end up saying the complete contrary of what Allah and His Prophet (saws) said, so we ask Muslims and especially our Ulema of Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jama`ah in Malaysia and everywhere: What is the status of those who hear that the Prophet saws commanded something and they answer “No”?
5. This is why our beloved defender of in Egypt Dr Ali Gomaa (hafizahullah) calls the Wahhabis of today al-Nabitah – “weed.” They grow like mushrooms after yesterday’s rain and they are useless or even poisonous; and our beloved defender of Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jama`ah in Syria Dr Nur al-Din Itr calls them Zahiriyya Jadida i.e. neo-literalists, but he always adds: “With the difference that the original Zahiris were knowledgeable and pious, not like the rawabidha (rabble) of today.” May Allah save our Ummah from the rawabidha that keep coming up and challenging Allah and His Prophet (saws) and attacking His Awliya! Allah will leave no one of those who attack his Awliya safe. On the contrary He will wipe them out and finish them, and that is what we will see soon in sha Allah.
© 2016 As-Sunnah Foundation of America